Monday, October 1, 2007

Observations

Shower:
1. You have to wait for the water to get warm especially when the pipes are cold in the winter months.
2. The problem to be solved is to have a way to preheat or already have the water warm before you get in the shower without having to wait.

My roommates always leave the water running 10-15min prior to gettting in the shower which i'm sure wastes a ton of water aiding global warming.

ten things that bug me:
-wasting water
-hearing my roommates open and close the door
-leaving the light on as a result of leaving the water on to get warm
-hearing the water run unnessarily for 10-15 extra minutes
-having to wait for the water to get warm
-jumping in when you think its hot but its still cold
-having the water get too hot
-the bathroom being extra steamy and sweaty before gettin in the shower
-the need to have to get up 10-15 min early to prep for a shower
-just having to take a cold shower sometimes cuz you don't want to wait

-audience is everyone
-the audience is vast
-my observations are based on personal experience and user observations.
-sometimes I will brush my teeth while the water is warming up which is an effective use of time, but still wastes water.

Laptop Keyboard:
1.carpal tunal
2. the monotonous work of always being in front of a computer develops hand problems...and with a laptop you're always on the go sometimes unable to bring your hand cushion or forgetting it. built in cushion...or different keyboard layout.

Subway seating:
1.back problems, sliding around, not abundant
2. the subway seating is always a problem. I find when I sit down it doesn't promote good posture and my lower back always hurts when sitting down causing me to want to stand up.

Sure the plastic is good for cleaning...but little kids slide around and hit you...when the bench is empty you slide around etc etc.

There are never enough seats to go around

No comments: